This depth gage has an added feature permitting its use as a protractor for measuring angles. It is a simple, handy tool that is a welcome addition to any machinist’s toolbox.
- The head is graduated both left and right to 30, 45, and 60 degrees. The rule can be set to any of these angles by swinging the rule until the line on the turret coincides with the desired angle.
- Head is made of hardened steel, ground, and nicely polished – 2-5/8″ (66mm) long and 1/8″ (3mm) wide
- One side of the base is cut out to permit easier and more accurate readings.
- The center of the head is recessed so that the tool will lay flat to permit more accurate measurements.
- A tempered rule that has been accurately machined divided is smoothly fitted to the head and can be locked in position by a knurled nut.
These versatile gages can be used for calipering, as a depth gage by simply reversing the rule, as a protractor, and as a hook rule when removed from the tool.
Features are the same as the 236 except that a hook rule and an extra 6″ (150mm) long rod are furnished with this gage. The rod has a 5/64″ (2mm) diameter so it can measure the depth of small holes, slots, and recesses that the rule will not enter.