- The Starrett 642 Top Reading Dial Depth Gage uses the back-plunger indicator to provide an upward-facing dial for easier readout.
- The operator selects the extension and contact point required, zeros the tool on a master and then reads any deviation of the work directly on the dial.
- Indicator does not have to be repositioned to get the full range available
- Choice of 2-1/2-Inch (60mm) or 4-Inch (100mm) base
- Two contacts and five extensions extend the range to 8.6-Inch or 215mm
- Charts are supplied showing combinations of contacts and extensions required to achieve certain lengths