Proto Impact Sockets Set
Proto manufactures a wide range of impact sockets from 1/4″ square drive up to 2-1/2″ square drive. Size openings range from 3/16″ up to our largest 8″ opening to meet every industrial need. Metric sizes are also available from 4mm to 65mm. Proto also offers several different styles from 6 point to 4, 8, or 12 point, standard length or deep, to surface drive and magnetic.
- Impact sockets are manufactured from special alloy steel for strength and durability.
- Impact sockets are heat treated for the correct balance of strength and hardness.
- Socket wall thickness is optimized to provide the required strength while retaining ample access to restricted fasteners.
- Thin wall sockets are available for special tight clearance applications.
- The depth of the socket opening is designed to fully engage all standard fasteners for more secure operation.
- All impact sockets feature two through holes. A groove to accept a retaining ring and pin to secure the socket to the power tool anvil.
- All Proto impact sockets feature chamfered service ends and for quick and positive fastener engagement.
- Patented impact universal joints and sockets provide more power and last longer.
- One piece construction ensures concentricity.
- Special heat treat ensures long life.
- Precision machined tips for proper fastener engagement.